B+W F-Pro HTC Circular Polarizer Käsemann MRC 72mm
The B+W 72mm F-Pro Kaesemann High Transmission Circular Polarizer MRC Filter helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface. The light from the sun naturally becomes partially polarized due to reflecting off electrons in air molecules, causing the light to scatter into what appears as haze. A polarizing filter arranges, and filters, this directionally polarized light perpendicularly to the reflected light, allowing for the absorption of much of this light. This results in a noticeable reduction of glare and reflections from non-metallic surfaces and an increase in the saturation of skies and foliage.
A circular polarizer only differs from a linear polarizer in that it contains a quarter wave plane in addition to the linear polarizing filter. The addition of this quarter wave plane is to circularly polarize the linearly polarized light for the use of auto focus and exposure functions. Due to how the light is broken down and filtered with a linear polarizer, auto focus and exposure accuracy become skewed during use. When the light becomes circularly polarized, it permits the use of these functions.
Kaesemann High Transmission Circular (HTC) polarizing filters are fitted with polarizing foils which provide 99.5% light transmission that are cemented between plano-parallel optical glass. The resulting sandwich is then precision-polished to achieve accurate plano-parallel surfaces. Finally, they are edge-sealed to protect the foil against humidity.
To prevent internal ghosting and reflections, each glass surface includes multiple layers of anti-reflection coating. This Multi-Resistant Coating (MRC) also offers further protection to the filter substrate and helps it to stay clean for longer than with uncoated filters.
B+W filters are constructed from Schott glass for increased optical clarity and color fidelity. This filter features an F-Pro brass filter ring for durability as well as jamming prevention.
- Helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface.
- Polarizing filters arrange, and filter directionally polarized light perpendicularly to the reflected light, allowing for the absorption of much of the light.
- Clears up haze in distant landscapes and provides more saturated, vivid colors.
- Strongest effect when used at a 90° angle from the sun.
- Circular polarizers are useful in combination with digital cameras and auto-focus lenses where a linear polarizer will often disrupt auto exposure and focus features.
- Multi-coated to prevent internal ghosting and reflections while providing over 99.5% light transmission.
- 2 to 2.8x filter factor reduces exposure by 1 to 1.5 stops.
- Constructed from Schott glass for optical clarity.
- F-Pro brass filter ring helps to prevent jamming and provides additional strength.
- Plastic case for storage and transport.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.